Monday, December 12, 2011

The First Few Days...


Hudson and I spent our first few days together tucked away in a hospital room doing this...


                            I have taken to calling him my angel baby. 



For as stubborn as he was about making his appearance, he has turned out to be incredibly sweet tempered and easy going.  It is true what they say about big babies...they sleep really well.  This of course, isnt the reason I am madly in love with him.  I am madly in love with him because he has the most kissable cheeks I have ever seen, bright blue eyes that are almost unsettling on a newborn, and tiny little ears that are always bright red from being pressed up against someones arm or chest as he is cuddled.  He has impossibly long fingers that curl perfectly around anything you set in his palm and toes that you just want to nibble on.

The first few days post c-section were very rough.  The exhaustion and pain were overwhelming but in the midst of it I had this little man to cuddle and kiss to my hearts content.         

               

Of course we didn't just sleep and cuddle the whole time! Hudson has LOTS of people who love him so much already and were so anxious to meet him...his daddy and I were happy to show him off!

At the last minute my sister Audrey was able to drive in for Hudson's arrival!  Aud spent most of my labor up at the hospital with us....it was so awesome to have her there! Towards the end when I was exhausted and starting to get nervous about my little peanut she distracted me by talking about every little detail of the Hunger Games! 




A few hours later the grandparents came up to meet Hudson.  They were smitten, naturally.






The next morning Laynie came up to meet her baby brother! I am saving these pics for a seperate post however because I have a million things to say about her reaction, my amazing husband and how proud I am of our little family!




Here is the rest of my family coming to see the little guy..


       







In closing, everyone keeps asking me if Hudson looks like Laynie.  Here are pics of each of them at one day old. Give me your vote! Do you think they look alike? :)






                    










5 comments:

Andi Ripley said...

PRECIOUS! Thanks for sharing pictures! Congrats!

Stacymay said...

These pictures are GREAT!!!!! Love love love!!!!!

Shan said...

So cute!!!

Jen said...

So happy for you, Allie! He is precious! I hope you are able to rest and recover. Praying for you!

ahigh said...

Hey Allie,
Thank you for sharing your joy and new of your little man. What a great Momma you are! I totally think that your kiddos look just like each other! Hudson... love the name! He's beautiful, I mean, "handsome." God bless you and your recovery. Can't wait to hear how Laynie reacted!!!