Unfortunately Laynie was not feeling well the morning she came to meet her baby brother and wasn't quite herself. Even so, I will never forget the look on her face when she walked in the room.
Or the way she hesitantly looked at him that very first time.
She kept asking if it was "Baby Honey" and if he was out of mommy's tummy. She also commented on Mommy's "funny jammies". :) She was intrigued but a little unsure.
Slowly, she began to warm up to him and eventually asked
to hold him. It lasted about 12 seconds... but it was priceless while it lasted.
Now that we are home Laynie is much more interested in him. She loves to sing and talk to him as well as help with all of his things. I never could have imagined how facsinated she would be by his diapers, paci and all the other little baby things that are now lying around our house. My favorite is when she sits next to his bouncy seat and coos "It's ok, It's ok baby honey". Like I said....they are buds. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment