Soo...funny little story.
While in Florida, Hailey spent the night at a friends house.
This friend had some puppies.
Some really stinkin' cute puppies.
Hailey fell in love with a little one
named Bearand txted pics of him to my rents
non-stop asking if she could keep him.
The night we went to pick Hailey up we all got to meet Bear.
..and we of course, all fell in love.
.......insert sound of Hailey and Katie begging
" Dad, bear is the ONLY thing I want for my birthday!"- Kate
Please?!? Please?!? Please?!?
but alas, all the cuteness in the world could not make
up for the 24 hour car- ride that Bear would have to endure were we truly to bring him home.
(and my family needed a puppy like they needed a hole in the head)
So we said our farewells and wished him good luck
in his future ventures.
A few days later Laynie and I flew home...
a few days after that my mom flew
home leaving Hailey, Kate and my dad to drive the van back.
Well what do you suppose they brought with them. :)
That's right folks, much to the surprise of my mother my family now has a puppy!
Hail and Kate didn't want to stick with Bear so he is currently name-less. I suggested we name him "Pookie-bear", Hailey wanted "Punkin' head" and Kate likes "Grandpa".
Why Grandpa? Because everything you say is funny.....
Some examples:
"Grandpa got out and is peeing in the neighbors yard again!"
"Grandpa smells...someone give him a bath"
"Grandpa! Stop sniffing my armpit!"
Kate's examples...not mine:)
Anyways, my dad quickly retired us all from the naming committe
and so here the poor thing is...Day 5 and still no name.
I have affectionately taken to calling him "Pup".
I think it suits him.
Anyone have anything better to offer?
Pup came and spent the day with Laynie and I today and they have quickly become best buds.
Watching Dora...Lucky Pup!
The easter egg extravaganza...a.k.a Laynie's version of fetch.


4 comments:
That dad of yours is a push-over isn't he? I can't even believe he made the drive home with a dog. Probably because he was leaving town the next day. Too funny!! What a cutie!
And I think Laynie may think it's her dog! :-)
Those pics are soo cute! Love the ones of him and Laynie. Just for the record Hail and I didn't know about Grandpa either :)
Post a Comment