that I seem to be unable to upload Halloween pics! Is anyone else having trouble with blogspot today? What in the world is this new "google cloud picker"?!? Hmm.......
Well, I might have to wait till tomorrow. As for today, we are enjoying Kate the Greats company :-) My mom is out of town and Kate is home sick from school so she came to hang with us rather than spending the day alone. I am happy for the company and so is Laynie! I have had a highly productive morning since Laynie has someone else to talk and play with. :-)
Laynie loves nothing more than to have someone to talk and play with. She definitely excels in social-emotional development. For not being able to talk, she sure can carry on a conversation. For example:
A few days ago we were re-arranging furniture in our front room. Laynie pointed up to one of the chairs and signed "please". I asked if she wanted to sit in the chair and she nodded yes. I lifted her up in the chair and she then pointed to the chair next to her. "Do you want to sit in that chair now?" I asked. Laynie nodded her head no and started moving her arms as if she was rocking a baby. "Do you want your baby to sit in the chair?" I asked...she nodded yes. I placed her baby doll in the chair and Laynie smiled and then pointed to me. "Do you want me to sit in a chair? I asked....Layne nods yes and then points to the chair I am to sit in. I sit in the chair and when L sees me she shakes her head "NO", points to me and signs "all done".
Clearly my time in the chair was up.
I love how she does this. When she is 4 and thinks that she gets to tell everyone in kindergarten where they are to sit then we might have to re-think the "cuteness" of it all....but for now, I think it is great that she can communicate so well. It gives us a huge idea of what her personality is like. She definitely knows what she wants :-) Everyone always asks if she gets that from her dad or if it is from me....actually, I think it is from both! We might end up with one opinionated daughter!
No comments:
Post a Comment