Friday, October 29, 2010

The List

When Jeff and I (translation: Jeff and his dad) tore down and reconstructed part of our home last spring, the one thing I begged for (well, ok, one of many things I begged for) was a built in bookshelf/desk-like area in the open wall next to the kitchen. 

Ta-da:


This is one of my favorite things about my house! It is perfect for stashing all the paperwork and odds and ends that I need on hand during the day.  One such thing is "the list"


Now, the problem with To Do lists is that you actually have "to do" the things on the list and even when you "do" them, you are still never "done". 

Despite the fact that I am theoritically oppossed to the idea of a to-do list.  I am forced to keep one or I would never be able to move forward with my day.  My list becomes my brain....

The problem is that the tasks on the list are usually annoying to do and although I want them finished...I never want to do them.  I have a motivation problem when it comes to the list. 

This month, however, was different.  This month I had one project on the list (just one) that I was DYING to do! I bought all the supplies at the very beginning of the month and was just itching to get started! I decided instead that I wasn't going to even start this project untill every other item on the list was checked off....and guess what! I did it!!

In the last month I have.....
- Cleaned and organized Jeff's "man" room (anyone who has seen his room understands what a task this is)
- Cleaned out Laynie's closet and sorted ALL baby clothes into pink tubs in the basement
- Cleaned out our back closet and transfered all shoes to the appropriate closets
- Went through each closet and dressrr in the house and threw out half (literally) of everything we owned.
 Most of it wasn't being used and was just creating more clutter and laundry, something I don't need more of!
- Cleaned up/scrubbed off the little tikes kitchen I picked up for L off the side of the road
- Cleaned out my kitchen cupboards

I can hardly beleive it is all done, thank goodness! Amazing what a little motivation can do! Now, are you all dying to know what the fun project was????

Welllll....here is a hint.....the little red head will be wearing it on Sunday night :-) Tune in Monday for Pics!



P.S- It really is amazing that I can get anything done with this little one around...... :-)
                                
                                              
Today I put her up to the table with a snack, went to get a hair tie and came back to find her on the table.....

    

Thank goodness that candle she is holding wasn't lit!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

It is monday....I am tuning in....donde estan the pictures?!? Also, maybe I should just stick to English.

Brittany said...

HA! the code word I had to type in for that last comment was "orkin" as in the Orkin Man...the bug killer. That might have just made my day. Or at least my last 5 minutes. =)