Monday:
Laynie Lou woke up sick.. Snotty nose, sad looking eyes, slight fever, grabbing her ears and lots of whining seem to be the major symptoms. We spent the day cuddling and taking some extra naps, which is fine by me. She is sooo busy usually that I don't really mind all the extra cuddles.
Tuesday:
Sadly, we had to cancel our trip to the children's museum with Kel due to sickness :-( Instead, I pulled the duvet off of my bed (which I am in love with, I could seriously write an entire post on how much I LOVE the pottery barn duvet I revieved as a wedding gift) and made a "nest" on the living room floor. We used all the extra pillows laying around the house and of course grabbed Ellie bear and blankie and cuddled up. We started off by going on a halloween adventure with Dora and then read every single book that Laynie owns. We of course read the "Thumper" book twice. Once is never enough.
After we were done reading we did the only natural thing to do.....run to the basement and camp out while we wait out the tornado warnings?!?!?!? WHAT?!?!? This was not exactly what I had in mind for the morning. I was going to blog about this expereince and whine a little bit about what it is like to be in my basement (that smells nasty and is not toddler-proof) with L when she is sick and whiny, but then I heard from Kelli who was trapped in the basement of the Children's museum with Georgia....and decided I had nothing to complain about.
Anyways, the tornados passed (actually, I don't think they ever even existed) and we went back upstairs to move on with our day. This included a windblown walk, some finger painting and a short trip to Grammy's house.
Wednesday:
After a restless night, L slept in till 9!! Woohoo! That is when I knew the week was looking up!
Although still not tip top, Layne was looking much better and we even went on a little outing with Nanny. We started with lunch at arnies and then, get this, we went to art van where I decided on furniture for our front room!! I am SOOO excited about the BEAUTIFUL white couch and loveseat that will be soon be living with us! I could say more, but will probably be posting about them later this week after they arrive....so I will save it till then!
I'm sure that this is a pretty boring post to read, but this is the type of stuff I want to remember. The day in and day out activities of life with a toddler.
I would post pics to make it more interesting, but I am a firm believer that a little snot on the face never hurt anyone whereas a screaming tantrum induced by nose wiping does. Therfore, I have no postable pics from Laynie's " sick week" cuz really....noone wants to see that.
Hope everyone has a healthy week! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment