Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Lazy Blogger

My husband google chatted me today asking if I was ever going to start blogging more...
I admit, I've been a little hit or miss lately
I am blaming it on "pregnancy brain" or "mush brain" as Jeff calls it.
This is an actual symptom of pregnancy occurring from the moment you find out you are pregnant till you give birth (and really for the first 6 months after...but then it is called sleep deprivation).

Every time I try to blog I end up sitting staring at the screen unable to form a complete sentence...and then I fall asleep.  My only chances to blog are when L is asleep and when the house is so quiet and cozy it is very difficult for me to sit for more than 10 min. and stay conscious.

Anyways...Jeff told me that checking my blog and seeing what L and I are up to is what gets him through the afternoon, aww...how sweet.  I told him to give me some things to blog about and this was his response...

 jeffery.b​lackmore:  life love and the pursuit of happiness
baby #2
laynie
u
our house
my jd

fathers day gift
how hot u r
how hot i am

So here goes...in the above order.

 1) Life is good right now, love is good and we are incredibly happy. 
 I sometimes feel as though I am living a very charmed life that I don't deserve.  I have a wonderful and incredibly helpful husband who takes really good care of my daughter and I.  I also have a beautiful, healthy daughter who I am blessed enough to stay home with and raise.  The three of us have a cozy little home that we love and have so much fun doing projects on. (Well, sometimes we have fun with the projects :) )

2) Baby #2 - I am 13 weeks along and feeling pretty good.  Not too much nausea anymore....just the endless desire for a nap.  The heartbeat was 168 at our last appointment which, ironically is exactly what Laynie's was the first time we heard hers! Makes me wonder if it is another girl but I guess only time will tell!

3) Laynie- Wowza! Can't believe how big she is getting!! She is talking more and more each day and has even learned a few songs.  ( I'm a little tea pot, I had a little turtle, the butterfly dance, apples and bananas, etc.).  Laynie loves baby dolls and spends a good chunk of the day feeding them, giving them baths and putting them down for naps.  We also spend a lot of time coloring, singing, playing outside in her play house and looking for butterflies, worms and other bugs!

4) Me- Hmm...Let's see.  Not too much to report.  BSF and FLIPS are both done for the year so I am enjoying some nice free time.  Well, it's never really "free" time but we are less busy which is nice.  

5) Our house- Oh boy! Where to begin....
We are in the middle of a majoy overhaul around here.  Between now and July 1st we will be getting new carpet, re-doing our whole kitchen (except flooring), planting a vegetable garden and re-doing some landscaping in the front and back.  Once we have all this done we are moving right on to Laynie's room! It is super exciting! I can't wait to see the kitchen all finished! We have finished making most of the decisions about what we want to do, now it is just gettin' it done!  That actually seems like the easy part compared to trying to pick out countertops, appliances and backsplashes that all coordinate and are my perfect look!

6) & 7) J.D / Father's Day Gift.  Oooh, the "J.d" otherwise known as Jeff's new John Deere!  Jeff has wanted and talked about a John Deere for the entire year and a half that we have lived in out house.  Laynie and I decided not to make him wait any longer and got him one for Father's Day this year.  (Yes, I know it isn't actually Father's Day yet) He is super psyched about it! Here is Laynie the night we brought it home...


8) How hot  u r. . Hmm...let's just say that I am 13 weeks along and already creeping into maternity clothes, it doesn't get any hotter than that.

9) How hot I am.  It's true...what can I say:


1 comment:

Kelli DeGrazier said...

haha this is really funny : )

Al! so i saw an add the other day for turning your blog into a book! I thought of you when I saw it because I know a lot of the reason you Blog is for Laynie when she gets older. I guess you can print the whole blog in a cute book : ) I am sure it is not a cheap endeavor but what a cool gift that would be when she gets older!!

p.s. I MISS YOU GUYS!!!