Thursday, February 10, 2011

I am....

Home!
Happy!
Refreshed!
Relaxed!
Renewed!
Tan?...ehh, not so much.  Oh well :-)


We had an awesome trip! All of our flights were great and we loved the resort. 
The beach is on the carribean sea and it was gor-geous!

We slept 10-12 hours each night
 Averaged around 7 hours pool/beach side each day

Met some great friends, ate awesome food, played some beach volleyball...


(Pierre-Luc & Claudia from Quebec and Ryan & Amy from Chicago)

(Yes, that is my stud of a husband...look at that perfect set!)

I will post more pics soon but today I just had to document how good I feel!

I have a major problem relaxing and frequently take on way more than I should.  It's not just that I over-commit (although this is a problem) it is that I over-invest in the things I am committed to. 

I over-invest my time and emotion in things other than my husband and daughter.

The last few months I have been crabby, worn-out, un-motivated and just generally:
MOODY from making poor decisions about where to invest.

My husband told me so.
Some close friends told me so.
even my pastor told me so (yes, truly)

but I am prideful and didn't think it was really that big of a deal.

I was just used to being crabby and tired and therefore didn't really realize how tired and crabby I was.

However...I have seen the light! Funny how 5 days at the beach will do that to ya' :-)

Now, on the other side of a wonderful vacation, caught up on sleep and having been away from my computer, phone, blogs (gasp!) and pretty much all commitments I'm realizing there is just now reason to live like that.  Cliche, I know, but true...so very true :-)

Probably pretty obvious to alot of people but something that I am just now starting to take to heart.

Looking forward to making some changes starting now...

Heres to a fresh start!





3 comments:

Brittany said...

GAH! The happy on your face in the first picture and the sunburn in the next is seriously making me wish for a Caribbean vacation! So glad you had a fun time! I saw you came out of hiding and posted on Jess' blog, so I thought you might be home- glad you made it back, but sure wish you had brought some warmer weather with ya. =) At the risk of making you busier than you want to be....wanna get together soon?!? I won't ask for anything of you other than a little conversation and maybe a good laugh or two. Or three.

Jes said...

Welcome home! Thanks for the comment :)

I'm glad you had such a wonderful trip! You were only a 45 minute flight away from me, I should have hopped over to see you! :) I can't wait to see more pictures from your trip!

Anonymous said...

So glad it was so great Allie!!!!! And so happy to hear how refreshed and renewed you feel :) Can't wait to see more pictures...and you!!!