Have you seen the comercials for this? For some reason I am always totally sucked in. I have watched the entire infomercial at least ten times....it is kind of pathetic. It all started when I was about 5 months pregnant and my sister Hailey called me FREAKING out one Saturday morning and saying that I MUST turn on the T.V. Hailey was watching the infomercial for the first time and said she was going to buy it for me for Christmas. Well, she didn't buy it for me but we continued to talk about it quite frequently.
Flash forward to last week. One morning Layne woke up really crabby and didn't want to do anything....I turned on the T.V to search for some Dora and guess what was on?!? Of course it was the MBCR commercial....Laynie and I cuddled and watched it for a good 2 minutes before she got bored. L climbed down to play with her kitchen but I kept watching for another 20 minutes or so....you know, because I had nothing else to do. My house was spotless, laundry done, gourmet breakfast cooked, fresh bread baking in the oven....so naturally the only thing left to do was waste 20 min. watching an infomercial.
Anyways, in a moment of pure insanity I became ridiculously close to purchasing the program to the tune of $200 (What?!?!) but, because I am my husband's wife, I of course googled the reveiws first. Good thing I did because they were not good.....and who in their right mind would pay $200 for something that has poor reveiws...even if they have an amaingly awesome and impressive infomercial.
Are you all wondering if I am getting to the point of my story? I am, kinda, dont worry....
Moving on....Instead of ordering I began researching "alternative" (aka: cheaper) options and discovered that there is something else out there called MonkiSee MonkiDo....but I didn't have time to look into it much because it was time to get off my backside and get on with the breakfast, cleaning, laundry, fresh bread...etc.
Hang with me....we are almost to the point.
That same day I went to a friends blog and discovered that she uses MonkiSee MonkiDo with her daughter! She loves it and gave it a very high recommendation and was doing a giveaway for MonkiSee MonkiDo!!!! Can you believe it??? What are the odds???? It gets better....if I blog about it then I get two extra entrys in the giveaway!
And that my dear friends, is the point of this story :-)
Now yes, I could have just posted a link to her post and saved you all the five min. it took you to read all this but anyone who knows me will understand that....
a) that's just not how I roll
b) this was actually a surprisingly short story with a very low amount of detail compared to my norm
Thanks for hangin with me :)
http://cavanjenleah.blogspot.com/2010/11/monkisee-monkidoo.html
No comments:
Post a Comment