Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Camping 2015!

Last spring I had a pretty good 4 week run at blogging.....annnnd then I got totally hammered with morning sickness for the entirety of the summer and the rest is history. :) However, I am determined to give it another go.  With baby girls arrival right around the corner I'm hoping to catch up on the highlights from the last 9 months between now and my due date.

So without further ado....Here is our first camping trip of last summer.  We originally had many camping trips booked for the summer and unfortunately ended up canceling almost all of them because I was feeling so crummy.  We were REALLY thankful for this one which was before I was
sick.

                   
.

It was absolutely freezing cold for most of the weekend but that didn't scare us.  Although I will admit, when Logan woke up one morning at 5:30 and it was only 36 degrees out....I may have driven to the nearest starbucks and spent 2 hours taking advantage of their heat and sipping a hot coffee while snuggling Logan. We headed back to the campsite once it warmed up a bit, enjoyed a wonderful campfire breakfast and then did some hiking at the dunes and beach.

                 

         
                                                 

           They just had to test the water out....but quickly discovered that it was unbearably cold!





     




We are a happy clan when we can be outdoors and we had so much fun being in nature for the entire long weekend.  The sun did peek out a couple of times which was just the icing on the cake!
       
                   

We all learned a really good lesson in perseverance on this trip as well.  Our last afternoon we went on a hike that landed us right in the middle of a black fly infestation! We were completely covered and I could barely keep walking forward while trying to swat them off of the kids.  We had no choice but to keep walking to escape the nasty cloud of them but our poor kids had to endure about 15 minutes worth of walking while hardly being able to breathe they were so thick.  Laynie and I were both in tears when we reached the beach house...thinking we had finally reached a safe place...only to look up and realize they were swarming the beach house as well! It was absolutely terrible but our kids still talk about it and how brave they were. :)






No comments: