We start most days tucked away in our front garden. There is a perfect little bench to sit on and read and plenty of chalk and sidewalk for reviewing spelling words and math facts.
We are really enjoying school right now. We have fallen into a smooth rhythm and are enjoying the curriculum we are using for each subject which makes it enjoyable rather than a chore. In addition to our "usual" subjects ...math, reading, grammar, etc., we are doing a huge unit study on farming. Papa Tim is residing as the farm expert for us and has helped a TON with the chicks along with letting my kiddos help plant a garden at his house for them to help with.
We've been reading through the Little House series along with Charlottes Web and Laynie thinks it has made her a "country girl" as I heard her tell the neighbor girl the other day.
Hudson is about as hilarious as they come lately. He is all boy, adventure and dirt but has a heart of gold with a dash of mischievousness...well, ok, maybe a little more than a dash. He is impressively athletic for his age and would ride his bike all day if I let him. The best way to make his day is by playing "panther".... I crawl around yelling at him like a panther until he shoots me with his bow and arrow. If I am unavailable or unwilling to play this marvelous game than a black chick usually makes a good substitute for a black panther....although they do not play dead as well as I do upon being shot.
In between school days, bike riding and general lazy days have been a smattering of library visits, walks downtown and afternoons spent with cousins. Looking forward to more great weather ahead along with quite a few fun summer trips coming up!














No comments:
Post a Comment