Friday, August 24, 2012

Tidbits.


*Another draft that never actually made it to the blog. :)

The month of July was filled with fun-galore! Weddings, birthdays, vacation, etc.  I have a literal 2,000+ pictures to organize and post but the truth is, they don't really represent my life right now.  Life is busy and we do tend to hop from one celebration to the next....but 95% of my time is spent at a fairly slow pace...soaking up my peanuts...enjoying (most the time) the stages they are in. 

As a full time stay-at-home mom it seems like one 9-10 hour day with two kiddos is the equivalent of three.  This means that after 5 days, when the weekend hits, it is basically as if I have spent half a month enjoying the slow pace...and we are more than ready for the fast-paced excitment of summer fun!  I know that I will remember all the "big" events... but will I remember all the little things that fall in-between all the commotion?

Here is a smattering of all those little moments.  A bunch of tidbits of what our "right now" looks like...

Dance Parties in the kitchen: The pandora "toddler radio" station is our new favorite thing.  I keep it in on during the morning while we are playing and 99% of the time a spontaneous dance party erupts.  The dance parties usually end up with us acting out all the scenes from Laynies favorite movie, The 12 Dancing Princesses. 


                 

Picking on baby brother: Ugh, Laynie's favorite pastime...She has discovered that yanking a toy our of his hand, stealing his pacifier, or pinching, hitting, kicking...all result in loud screams that she finds very entertaining. 


(disclaimer: One second they were smiling...the next, this was
happening..I just happened to already be snapping pics)



The library:  We have been spending an absurd amount of time at the library this summer!  It is the perfect place to go when our toys are getting boring. :)



The Backyard: Most afternoons you can find us playing in the sunshine! Outdoor activities include.....







No comments: