Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Alayna Marie

You bring sunshine and joy,
testing and trouble,
music and laughter.

How could I ever find the words to tell you what you mean to me.
Is there an adequate description of the love my heart holds for you?


You, my darling girl, are beautiful beyond description.  Your little spirit is as sweet as honey and your delight in the world around you is unmatched.  I pray that you never lose the enthusiam God has given you.


It's true, you test and challange....you try my patience and see how far you can push.  Yes, there are times where I reach my breaking point.  Moments where your spit-firedness becomes a little TOO much and I am harsher than I need to be.  My words are colder than intended and my eyes have a little more fire than usual.

Nothing puts the fire out faster than finding you "weeping" the floor with your baby in it's "cay-wiar" and seeing it for what it is...  A reminder that you want more than anything, to be just like me


May the Lord grant me the grace to make this an admirable goal!
May He give me the patience to teach you right from wrong without my own sin getting in the way. I pray for the wisdom to obey my Heavenly Father in the same way I expect you to obey your father and I.  I pray also that despite all my failings, you would sense my deep love for you. 

Thank you, sweet daughter, for lighting up our home with your playfulness.

No comments: