Monday, December 19, 2011

Guess who is one week old!

Well, one week plus a couple days....

Mr. Hudson, as we like to call him, is seriously, the most precious baby boy.  I could cuddle him up and kiss his little cheeks all day long! He is incredibly easy going and sleeps like a champ! He has been sleeping in 4-5 hour chunks since the day we brought him home...no, I'm not kidding. At first I was worried he wasn't eating enough but when we went to his 48 hour check-up he had put on 7 oz. since we left the hospital two days prior! Jeff and I thought Laynie was an easy baby but Hudson brings a whole new meaning to the word "chill". 



We already cant imagine what it was like to not have him.  He is such a perfect little addition to our family!  Laynie is adjusting really well..I don't think she even remembers that she used to be an only child. :)


He has already changed so much.  How does that happen in just one week?  I am addicted to his newborn smell and all of the little newborn faces and noises he makes.  My favorite is when he purses his lips up into a little "o" and just looks around.  When he is awake (which honestly, is not that often) he is very alert.  It is not uncommon for him to look right at me and just listen to me talk.  He also loves to hear Laynie sing! It tears this mama's heart nearly in two every time she starts sinigng him a lullabye and he calms right down to listen.   


I love the feeling of his tiny little body curled up against me while he sleeps.  I also adore how he makes a slight purring sound when he is in a very deep sleep.  I love when he starts to go just a little bit cross-eyed when he looks at something too long and the way his eyelids start to droop when he gets sleepy.

 


Oh how I wish I could just freeze time and continue to soak up his newborness!



1 comment:

Brittany said...

oh. my. lanta. How adorable is he?!?!!?!!! I looove these pictures- so so sweet! Thank you for letting me stop by tonight and for letting me chat your ears off. =) I hope the not-even-close-to-homemade calzones were edible and that Miss Laynie enjoyed opening the treat box...wasn't too sure if she'd love the bars inside, but hey, it got her away from the 24 ounce bag of cheese. =) Love you, friend! Congrats on your sweet boy!!!