Man do they love each other....
There is no way to explain how happy it makes my heart to see their relationship grow. They have a bond that is incredibly special and in Laynie's mind nothing could ever be as cool as her dad.
Each afternoon when I lay her down for nap Laynie asks "Nap, then I wake up..Daddy home?" in her cute little two year old voice just to hear me confirm that "Yup! When you wake up it will be time for daddy to come home!". Then, when he finally does pull in the driveway she runs around, squealing and jumping like a crazy person! She can hardly contain how excited she is!
Lately, after she runs around in excitement she quickly dashes off to find a hiding spot...their new little game is for Jeff to come in, ask for her and then declare "Oh, Laynie must not be home today!" Laynie is usually giggling so hard by this point that she gives away her hiding spot but still jumps out yelling "BOO!"
They are so alike in so many ways. Starting with her used-to-be-blue eyes that are suddenly looking more and more hazel like his! They are both playful, goofy, funny and high energy! They totally "get" each other's sense of humor which is so funny to me. It is so fun to watch her personality unfold more and more and realize that I understand certain aspects of her because of what I know about Jeff...and vice versa. There are certain traits of Jeff that I think I understand more clearly now, because I see them in her.
She may not know it yet but Laynie is one extremely blessed girl to have a daddy like hers. Jeff adores her, loves being with her, plays with her constantly whenever he is home and takes time each night to tuck her in and pray, sing, read with her. He is everything a two year old girl needs in a daddy...and will be everything she needs when she is 5, 10, 14, 16 etc. as well :)
No comments:
Post a Comment