(Gettin' ready to kayak the Crystal River)
When I married Jeff I became more than a wife.
I also became a sibling to two brothers and four sisters...we have since gained two more brothers. The sister thing I was used to, the brothers...well, Jake broke me in pretty quick.
(Andy enjoying his big gulp miller lite while Leanne paddles :)
This family means so much to me.
These woman have become my sisters not by marriage but through laughter, phone chats ,sometimes tears. The men have become my brothers not because I am married to their brother but because I have endured them yelling in my ear unnanounced, jiggling the back of my arm fat and countless other cruelties.
(Which really are not all that cruel)
Blending a family of 6 adults who have grown up together and 4 adults who are just getting to know each other has it's challenges but the process is made much easier when everyone is commited to making time for each other.
By spending time with someone you get to know them. By getting to know someone you grow to love them.
(Bonfire at Good Harbor Beach)
I have grown to love each of these siblings.
I love them as individuals...
Shelby for her soft-heartedness and tender spirit..
Lindsay for her steadfastness, her sense of humor and how easily she laughs...
Jake and Ben for their down-right awesomeness...
Leanne for her sureness of who she is and
continual desire to seek God.
Andy for wearing plaid shorts to the beach and then mocking the dude next to us for being girly. Just kidding Andy, I love you for lots of other reasons too...
...and I love them as a group.
As a group they are strong, passionate and all enduring.
We are bonded not by blood but by holiday gatherings, ticket to ride, bridal and baby showers, homemade music videos, trips to France, favors swapped and countless other things that make us friends as well as family.
Wave Jummping at sunset...
To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time. ~Clara Ortega

















1 comment:
This is so sweet Al! I love it!
Post a Comment