I posted about Laynie's actual birthday but now I have tons of pics to post of her birthday party, which was the following Saturday. Although it was painfully hot, literally the take your breath away, sweat just looking out the window kind of hot July day, we had a great time celebrating our baby girl.
Laynie LOVES butterflies so we did a butterfly themed garden luncheon! Most of the deco was an assortment of things we already owned (or borrowed) with the exception of the paper butterflies which I found at hobby lobby for $1.99 (SCORE!). The phenomenal little cupcakes were a gift from Laynie's fabulous Aunt Audrey.

For lunch we served a little bit of this and that. Chicken salad croissants, fruit kabobs and other finger foods.
Audrey also gave Laynie her own little cake for when we sang Happy Birthday! She started out on her own but needed her cousins help to finish it off. :)
After cake came gifts! Last year Laynie was still a little young to grasp the concept so it was fun to watch her dive in this year! She received all kinds of fun toys and cute clothes from the fam.
Uncle Derrick drew this awesome card of Laynie playing with Dora! Laynie L-O-V-E-D it and still has it sitting out in her room. Everytime she walks by it she comments on how Laynie and Dora are together. My favorite part was that Derrick drew Laynie with a little Mullet...which couldn't be more acurate. Ha!
Uncle Stu and Uncle Nick trying to assemble her John Deere wheelbarrow...that's right, it is John Deere and it is stinking awesome. G-ma and G-pa Blackmore gave it to her along with a matching set of pink garden tools. She thinks she is pretty cool working along side me in the garden carrying her pink shovel.
We had such a good time and I know Laynie loved having all of the family here. She is one social little gal and won't ever pass upthe opportunity to party. :) Thanks to everyone who joined us for the hooplah!








2 comments:
Friday by Rebecca Black...booya! : ) LOVE that song and proud of it! : ) I had fun hanging out with you guys today!!!
I am not lying...I was just about to post pictures from her party and my blog post was called Partying Partying Yeah. Ha!!!
Post a Comment