Monday, December 20, 2010

A day in the life!

Ahh, what a nice start to the week! Layne and I had a really great day.  We both slept in till 8:15 or so and then cuddled in bed for a little while.  This is a luxury since she usually starts her day ready to go!

After breakfast, L watched an episode of Team Umizoomi! while I chatted with my mom on the phone and cleaned the kitchen.  It was awesome! By 9:00 in the morning I had my whole house picked up and a little bit of laundry done.  Ya' know, I'm unsually not one to plop my kid in front of the T.V but occasionally it has it's perks :-)

L is really lovin' apples lately. I will peel them for her and then she just carries them around to munch on. I think it feels good on her teeth....and she just loves to eat.  This morning she was being so funny, she stood up against our couch and ate TWO whole apples while watching Team Umizoomi.  The first one I gave her completely vanished...she ate the core and everything! I couldn't believe it when I went in to check on her.  All that was left was a tiny little chunk that she wouldn't eat because it had some skin on it. 




Later in the morning we went back in her room to play.  We have been acting out the Christmas story with her little nativity set...she loves being able to anticipate what we are going to do so the more we act it out and read the story, the more she loves it! 



 She has this little bible that I "read" the story from...mostly just talking through what happens rather than actually reading it.  As I say what happens, she moves all the little people into postition.  She is getting really good at it and knows exactly where each piece goes. 

Around noon Auntie Audrey called wondering if we wanted to go to the mall for a little bit.  Naturally, we jumped at the opportunity.  Yes, it was during nap time but it is 1,000 times easier to finish up my Christmas shopping when there is another adult present :-) It turned into a pretty exciting trip! While we were walking around we saw a sign that said "Play With Baby Tigers Today" with a huge arrow.  We hardly believed that there would be actual baby tigers right there at the mall but we were super curious...so we followed the sign. 

Guess what?!? There WERE baby tigers right there at the mall!! It was absolutely crazy! They had this huge exhibit set up with 4 or 5 baby tigers, a baby kagaroo and some other unidentified animal that looked like an armadillo with fur! Laynie loooved it! She was so intrigued by them and kept saying "meow" whenever they would purr.  They were super cute and looked so cuddly but it was $25 dollars to actually play with/get your picture taken with them so we just observed from a distance :)

After a quick stop for lunch Aud gave L her coke to keep her from throwing a fit about being in her stroller...this was after Audrey bought her a little stuffed panda to cheer her up as well.  Oh, her auntie loves her so much! Laynie totally has her wrapped around her finger :-)


Our last stop was Barnes & Noble.  I picked up a few books to finish (yes, FINISH!) off my Christmas shopping and when I came to find L and Aud they were tucked back in the children's section reading Dora books.  They are just so stinkin cute together! Whatever are we going to do when Auntie Audrey moves away next year :( Laynie absolutely adores her and practices saying "Au-dee" all day.  She occcasionally even calls for her from her crib when her mean old mom is making her take a nap :-)



Since our shopping was done we hurried on home to throw some quiche in the oven! Once Jeff came home we all bundled up to bring some quiche over to friends who just had a beautiful baby girl.  She is an absolute peach! I am so glad we were able to go meet her...I could have just eaten her up! Laynie was enchanted by her and wanted to be right next to her the whole time we were there.  She was so excited she could hardly contain herself, but was then so distraught when the baby started crying. 





Sorry the quality is so poor...these are from my phone!

Once we got home Jeff's parents came by to drop off Jeff's b-day gift.  A Keurig!!!!Woohoo!! Might as well have been my gift I was so excited! We can't wait to try it out in the morning. 

We of course had to play a round of hide and go seek before bed.....


As well as make one more quick trip to Bethlehem....

*Pay attention to how quickly she notices when Jeff switches Mary for a wiseman :-)



And now...L is in bed, sigh, and I am catching up on all my fav blogs. (Also, I just saw my husband carry a load of laundry in to fold while watching football?!? This really is my lucky day!)

It was a somewhat difficult weekend and I am amazed by how God always gives a day of rest after a stressful time.  Praising Him today for his mercy and peace. 


Hope you all enjoy a peacful holiday season!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

oh. my. lanta. My mom and I saw the baby tigers with Newbie too, and we thought the exact same thing..."no way are there going to be REAL tigers." I think that mall is just creepy/weird enough that they managed to pull it off. =) That's the same place we saw live reindeer the week before. New favorite field trip spot?!?! Hope y'all have a very merry Christmas!!!