Known as "The Dreads", this mysterious illness affects all types but seems to target those of the female gender between the ages of 11 and 25. "The Dreads" is triggered by the realization that the weekend is almost over and you still have to finish your homework, go for a run, shower, clean your room, pick out your outfit for tomorrow, learn an entire choir piece and still manage to get in bed a decent time since you do after all have to WAKE UP ON TIME in the morning and be someplace. You begin to expereince a sinking feeling in your stomach, your heart is racing a little bit faster than usual and you are starting to feel very very anxious.
For years I experienced "The Dreads" every single Sunday evening. Ask anyone.
Ask my mother who I would begin to talk to about my strange symptoms of an illness that would surely be there by morning and prevent me from going to school.
Ask my cousin who I would call crying. She of course would say nothing....because she was crying too.
Ask my dad, my sisters, my friends, really...anyone. They will all attest to the fact that "The Dreads" is a very real and very legitimate illness that affects a very large amount of the general population.
For me, the symptoms started in 7th grade and continued on right through college. Although I did expereince some relief when I finished college and no longer had homework, just the thought of going to work on a Monday morning was enough to trigger an attack.
The good news is that I am totally cured. I know longer expereince any of these symptoms. I will tell you the secret to getting rid of "The Dreads"...........
Marry a hunky man, buy a cute house, have a darling red-headed baby and quit your job to stay home with her.
It really changes your outlook on a Monday morning when this is what you get to wake up to .......
Hope you all expereince the Lord's sweet peace going into this week!


No comments:
Post a Comment