I have a little story to tell.....becasue I don't ever want to forget. So clearly, the best option is to blog about it
Last week Jeff came home from work not feeling well. I responded like this.....
Sorry! Go take a nap or something.
He laid down for a few minutes and came back out saying "I really don't feel well" and I responded with....
Oh, Sorry.
Ten min. later he is asking me to take him to E.R and I am responding like.....
Umm...youv'e only been sick for like an hour so far, maybe we should give it a little time.
Ten min. later we are in the car and Jeff is saying " I know you think I'm just being a wuss but I'm really not"
and I'm thinking....
"Dang it! He's on to me!"
4 Hours later my poor husband is in surgery having his appendix removed and I am thinking...
"Wow! I am a really big jerk...a really really big jerk"
Fast Forward one week exactly...
It's been a long week. Toddlerhood is wreaking havoc on my nerves and situations outside my control have been wreaking havoc on my emotions. My poor husband has had to deal with my crabbiness every evening when he comes home and I spew out lines like "Our toddler is a little twirling, screeching whirlwind of destruction!!" (And seriously, she is :-) Cute...super cute, but very very busy...oh and loud.) Now, I think must husbands would respond like this.............
Oh, Sorry
But MY husband responded like this...
He let me sleep in!
He took the little red headed whirlwind to her cousins for breakfast!
He booked me a surprise massage at escape that starts in t-minus 45 min.!!!
He is taking me out on a date tonight while L plays with her Nanny and Papa!
Sometimes it is a little embarassing to be the immature one :-)
Why is it that when he tells me he is in pain I think "uhh...really?" but when I tell him it was a bad week he goes above and beyond to make sure I "feel better". Hmm....like I said...it's a little embarassing.
Anyways, the moral of the story is that this man is amazing.........

2 comments:
These pictures are so cute! what farm are you guys at?
Actually, we are at the country basket! Didn't you recognize it? :-)
Post a Comment